So, I started the process of IVF last Thursday when my lovely friend decided to show up 6 freakin days late. It began with the doctor scratching my uterus. That was pleasant and fun. Actually, it wasn't that bad. On Saturday, I started my first round of shots.
The a.m. shot was administered by my mama. She did a great job! I asked her afterwards if she was nervous and she said "YES!" I couldn't believe it; she acted like a natural. The p.m. shot was administered by my sweet husband. We should of videoed it because I am pretty sure he was ten times more nervous than I was! He kept asking me if he was doing it right. I informed him quickly that I didn't know and that he better get it together or at least fake it. I was the only one that could be nervous in that room!! His poor hand was shaking when he came at me with that needle. All in all, we made it out alive and the shot was a success. The anticipation of it all was the worst part. After he finished, we looked at each other sighed. I told him that I felt like I had just ran a marathon from all of the anxiety!
Today is day three of shots. The anxiety has subsided. They really don't hurt all that much. The only side effects I have had so far are back pains and bloating. I am anticipating that the bloating will increase. I will have to get stretchy pants! Thursday, I go to the RE for an ultrasound. They will check to see how well I am responding to the medicine, and they will tell me what dosage of medicine to take. After that, I am thinking that I will continue the medicine for a couple more days until the egg retrieval.
Please pray that I would be in the word EVERYDAY, that I would pray expectantly, that I would respond well to the medicine, that my ovaries wouldn't overstimulate, and that the egg retrieval would be successful.
Purpose of This Blog
I felt compelled a couple of weeks ago to share my story. After listening to a sermon, the phrase don't waste your tears came to mind. The sermon was based on the scripture, Those who sow in tears will reap with joy, He who goes weeping, carrying seed to sow will return with songs of joy. Psalm 126:5 My desire and hope for this blog is to not only help me through this season, but to encourage others with what God is doing in my life. I pray that this blog helps me and you see God's grace, love, and presence through every step of this journey. My dear friend explained to me the other day that her season of infertility was the sweetest thing she had every endured. She encouraged me to not waste my infertility. This is me not wasting it.
No comments:
Post a Comment