Purpose of This Blog

I felt compelled a couple of weeks ago to share my story. After listening to a sermon, the phrase don't waste your tears came to mind. The sermon was based on the scripture, Those who sow in tears will reap with joy, He who goes weeping, carrying seed to sow will return with songs of joy. Psalm 126:5 My desire and hope for this blog is to not only help me through this season, but to encourage others with what God is doing in my life. I pray that this blog helps me and you see God's grace, love, and presence through every step of this journey. My dear friend explained to me the other day that her season of infertility was the sweetest thing she had every endured. She encouraged me to not waste my infertility. This is me not wasting it.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Day Three Update

My doctor called me this morning to let me know that we still have six baby embryos. Four are really strong and two are fair. This could mean those two stop growing. The transfer is scheduled for Sunday at 11 a.m. Now we have to decide if we are going to transfer one or two embryos. I am not really sure how to make this decision! If we transfer only one the chances of getting pregnant is 30% while transferring two would increase that percentage; however, that also increases the chances of multiples and all the risk that come with multiples. All I can do is pray for wisdom and peace during this time. It is completely out of my control. Overall, I am still feeling pretty bloated and nauseous. However, I did manage to get up today and clean my house. I thought this was a big accomplishment! I am now wearing my fat clothes proudly because of this bloating.  The nurse said that the nausea was the overstimulation. She said to keep drinking that disgusting Gatorade. I have been reading and meditating on the verse in Colossians the past couple of days. "For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." This verse reminds me that God is the creator and sustainer of life.  He is holding my baby embryos together! Please Lord, keep holding them together so they can bring you glory! 

Please pray:
1. The baby embryos will keep growing strong!
2. Wisdom as we decided to transfer 1 or 2 embryos. (We have to decide by tomorrow!)
3. That my overstimulation would be mild. 

No comments:

Post a Comment