Purpose of This Blog

I felt compelled a couple of weeks ago to share my story. After listening to a sermon, the phrase don't waste your tears came to mind. The sermon was based on the scripture, Those who sow in tears will reap with joy, He who goes weeping, carrying seed to sow will return with songs of joy. Psalm 126:5 My desire and hope for this blog is to not only help me through this season, but to encourage others with what God is doing in my life. I pray that this blog helps me and you see God's grace, love, and presence through every step of this journey. My dear friend explained to me the other day that her season of infertility was the sweetest thing she had every endured. She encouraged me to not waste my infertility. This is me not wasting it.

Friday, June 22, 2012

1505

1505 is the number of the building where the RE is located. I sat there in the parking lot staring at the number. What was the doctor going to say? Would he have compassion or would he just be a mad scientist? My heart was coming out of my chest, my stomach had massive butterflies, and my mind was in disbelief. Really? Are we really going to an infertility specialist? As I sat there waiting on my husband, I read me devotion on my phone entitled There's No Way. Ha! How ironic because this is how I always feel. There is no way we will get pregnant, there is no way an infertility treatment will work, there is no way we will adopt, there is no way we will come up with all of this money. The key verse was Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagined, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!" When I saw this verse, I smiled and laughed to myself because it was the same verse that days before I had written on a note card to take with me every where I go. God is telling me something! He is asking me do you trust that I am in control of this? He is saying I am capable of making the impossible happen! I am BIGGER than this!!

We walked into the office to be greeted with "So, what's your story?" Talk about compassionate! For the next couple of hours, we discussed several things with the doctor. As of right now, we both have to get some more testing done. My husband has to get some more blood work and another semen analysis while I have to get blood work and a test called Femvue done which checks to see if my fallopian tubes are open and my uterus. Thank goodness our insurance will pay for the diagnostic testing! The doctor told me that my AMH was low for age but not critical which was good news! He said that a lot of my husband's issues can be helped or fixed. He said that it is a positive thing that we came now. By the end of July we should have all of the test completed and more of a clear idea as to what our options will be. The two options mentioned by the doctor was taking the fertility drug called Clomid while completing an IUI and option two IVF.

Pro for Clomid/IUI= Less invasive and LESS EXPENSIVE

Con for Clomid/IUI= It won't help us in the future if we wanted to try and get pregnant. Because of my low AMH level if we were to wait until I am lets just say 30 it may be too late.

Pro for IVF= It will help us in the future. We could freeze eggs and/or embryos and use them later. (I don't know how I feel about any of this currently. I would have to know more about how the embryos are handled and treated.) 70%-50% chance of it being successful because of my age.

Con for IVF= Very invasive, very expensive, may not work

All in all, our experience was surreal and very overwhelming. The office was very informative and compassionate with any questions and concerns we had. Please just PRAY. That's pretty much all I know to do.

1 comment:

  1. Bethanne,

    I saw your blog at Resolve groups. I am humbled by how you're not wasting your tears with infertility, but using them to have a closer walk with God and to share His love with whoever may read this.

    I have a blog, too, and I feel bad that, even though I'm a Christian, my blog doesn't focus on God.
    I was happy to find our blog and read such encouraging words. I'll be praying for you and your journey. May God grant us both the desire of our hearts: a baby!

    ReplyDelete