Purpose of This Blog

I felt compelled a couple of weeks ago to share my story. After listening to a sermon, the phrase don't waste your tears came to mind. The sermon was based on the scripture, Those who sow in tears will reap with joy, He who goes weeping, carrying seed to sow will return with songs of joy. Psalm 126:5 My desire and hope for this blog is to not only help me through this season, but to encourage others with what God is doing in my life. I pray that this blog helps me and you see God's grace, love, and presence through every step of this journey. My dear friend explained to me the other day that her season of infertility was the sweetest thing she had every endured. She encouraged me to not waste my infertility. This is me not wasting it.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I Still Can't Believe It But...


As of last Wednesday, we are PREGNANT! Praise God! I am pretty sure that last week was one of the best weeks of my life. On Wednesday 12/26, I was basically an emotional wreck. The waiting (for the blood test on Thursday) was killing me. Satan's attacks on my thoughts were great. I walked upstairs and decided I was going to take a pregnancy test. I thought I had a test left over from one of the wonderful ovulation kits that I have come to love dearly. I told myself that if the test was in there I would take it!

Well, it was. So, there I was taking the test. My legs were shaking and my heart was pounding. (By the way Matt had no idea I was taking the test.) I prayed the entire time begging God to please let it be positive. The three minutes seemed like an eternity. I took a breath and turned my head and there it was two lines... POSITIVE. O my goodness!!!!! What? How in the world? I have never gotten a positive!!!!

I immediately darted downstairs screaming, cheering, and crying. Of course Matt had no idea what was going on. I explained to him that I took a test and it was positive. His eyes were in immediate shock. We both ran upstairs and stared at the test in amazement. I began sobbing my eyes out. I could barely breathe. Matt told me later he didn't know if I was happy or sad. Umm... HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY! I told him to go up to the store and buy some more tests. He looked at me like a little puppy really confused and stressed. Ha ha, he could barely think. When he got back home, we were both so stressed and in shock we could barely get the test out of the box and figure out how to take it. I took the tests and Matt went to look. POSITIVE! I think we hugged and cried for what felt like forever. I sat there on the bed still in shock and Matt began to dust the house! I asked him what in the world he was doing and he said he had no idea; he didn’t know what to do!


The next day, I went to my doctor with a smile on my face. My sweet nurse, Susan, asked me if I took a home pregnancy test. I told her I took three! She screamed, grabbed my hand, and we skipped to Dr. M’s office. Dr. M told me that he wanted to see my first beta test at 50 at least. Later that day, I got the news with all the nurses and Dr. M on speaker phone…beta #1 374 YOU ARE PREGNANT! Best news of my life! Praise God! He has answered my prayers with a YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment